Individual counseling and psychotherapy services
Treatment specialization includes:
- Work and Career issues, specializing in post-retirement vocational interests and activities exploration
- Grief and trauma-informed counseling
- Intuitive Eating and Health at Every Size approaches to body image issues and disordered eating patterns
- Stress Management
- Interpersonal Conflict Resolution
- Concerns related to aging in place, loss of independence due to chronic illness or other physical or psychological limitations
- Therapy for Depression and Anxiety
I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues providing services to help support your journey toward wellness and improved quality of life. In a comfortable, safe, and supportive atmosphere, I offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each of my client's individual needs to help attain personal growth and a valued life direction. Contact Fresh Air Counseling to schedule your free 15 minute phone consultation and to discuss how my approach might fit with your personal strengths and areas of concern.
- Nature-Based Counseling Services occur on a bench outdoors, around a local campus, or on the trails of a local state park. The healing powers of nature can help to reduce stress, decrease anxiety or depression, improve mindfulness, and increase sense of connection.
- Office-Based Counseling Services occur in my office space located at 288 East Street, Suite 1001-F4 in Pittsboro, NC. Within this safe, comfortable space, we can privately discuss difficult issues, such as past traumas, experiences of grief, depression, anxiety, or other significant life concerns. Together, we will discover how these issues may have developed, how they are affecting your current well-being, and the best strategies for coping with them and exploring new ways of achieving the change and quality of life you aspire toward and deserve.
- Senior and Older Adult Counseling Care occurs in my office space located at 288 East Street, Suite 1001-F4 in Pittsboro, NC. Older adults experience the same emotional and psychological concerns as the rest of the adult population. However, older individuals may feel marginalized as experiences of loneliness, depression, intense or prolonged grief, or anxiety often go unheard because, unfortunately, our society "expects" these issues as part of the aging process. Fresh Air Counseling will not only listen to and validate your experience, but my specialized training with respect to gerontological issues will provide us a solid foundation for our interpersonal collaboration in helping to resume the quality of life you deserve.
Rates and Insurance
$80 per 50-minute in-office session of individual therapy.
$90 per 60-75 minute in-office initial intake/assessment session.
For outdoor-based therapy, fees vary based on location. Please contact me so that we may choose a location and determine fees. Our first session for outdoor therapy will take place in my office in PIttsboro in order to discuss your needs and goals, options of where to meet, and arrange fees.
Accepted Payment Types:
I accept cash, checks, Health Savings Account (HSA) cards, and all major credit cards.
While I am not contracted with any insurance companies at this time, I am happy to print a receipt for you to submit to your insurance provider. Coverage varies greatly, but my services may be covered in part or in full by your insurance provider. Please contact your HMO or health insurance plan directly to learn more about what your plan covers. Below are some questions that are helpful to ask:
- Do my insurance benefits include mental health services?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Will I be required to pay a copay?
- Is there a limit to the number of sessions per year my plan covers? What is my deductible?
- Do I need to get approval from my primary care physician?